Exploring Language Through Song and Play
I want to introduce a wonderful CD and activity book set designed to listen to and engage your child in order to help enhance speech and language skills in a very indirect way. This CD and activity book set was created by Karin Howard, MA, CCC-SLP, a fellow speech/language pathologist, along with Alan Riva (Captain Al).
This is a 2 CD set with songs and play activities divided into 6 different areas or parts of speech and language development. As Karin puts it…"it takes all the parts working together to function well. For example, in order for a child to have good articulation (sound production), they need to have at least a core vocabulary. Likewise, children need to understand the information that they hear, see, feel, and smell (receptive language) in order to use expressive language proficiently". Therefore, this CD set was designed with that in mind and focuses on the six major parts or areas which are: articulation, vocabulary, expressive language, receptive language, voice, and social language.
These CD's are meant to be listened to with your child and they can be listened to with or without the accompanying activity books. Feel free to come up with your own activities too.
These CD's are:
- great for children ages 6 months to 5 years
- great for parents, grandparents, preschool classrooms and early childhood educators
- great to listen to in the car with your child/grandchild
- great opportunities for creative movement that promote quality time with children
- great for enhancing the 6 essential areas of speech and language development
- great for educating parents on how to facilitate emerging speech, language and cognitive development in their child
- great for preschool and kindergarten readiness skills
- great for inspiring your child to want to sing along!
To purchase your own CD and activity book set click on this Buy Now button and you will be taken to Paypal where you can pay just $23.95 using any major credit card.